What is Ruby?
Ruby is a high-level programming language. It was created in 1995 by the Japanese Yukihiro Matsumoto.
As a programming language, Ruby became popular in Japan in 1995. All the documents about him were in Japanese, which was the reason for it’s late development. In the early 2000s, several books were published in English that helped spread the Ruby language in Western Europe and America.։
With the development, new frameworks were created to facilitate the tasks of web developers.
There are the most popular Ruby frameworks
- Ruby on Rails
Ruby most operating areas
- Professional services
- Quality control
- Works slowly
- The project is difficult to scale
- Ruby is a dead language
- It’s an old language, so it will soon leave the world of programming languages
- To learn Ruby on Rails you need to know Ruby
What is Ruby on Rails?
As shown above, Rails is the framework of Ruby. Rails was created in 2005 by David Heinemeyer Hannson. This framework allows you to quickly and efficiently build web pages. It works on the basis of the MVC (Model-View-Controller) model.
- Creates an interface that presents data to the user
- No processing produces
- The View operation is performed after the data is displayed to the user.
- Contains data for the program (often linked to a database)
- Contains all the logic of the business
- Informs the type of state changes.
CONTROLLER (SITE CONTROL)
- We receive events from the outside world (usually through views)
- Interaction with the model
- Displays the appropriate user appearance.
POPULAR SITES (WRITTEN WITH RAILS)
- Look At Me
Books that will help you get basic information about RAILS Framework
- Agile Web Development with Rails 6
- The Rails 5 Way (4th Edition)
Why choose Rails
- It’s easier to master
- In a short period of time allows you to create rails in the application
- High security (your site will not be in the center of hacker attacks).
This is Rails official website https://rubyonrails.org/
If you want to learn Rails, watch this post to install it on Windows Install-Ruby-on-Rails
If you want to know about the model in ruby on rails, then watch this video What is a model in Rails